Whenever a phone gets bricked or gets severely damaged you need to restore it by installing Fastboot ROM on it. It is a complicated task & when during that desperation to get your device fixed asap you get incomplete information or non working download links then it can be really frustrating. So, here I am going to create a detailed step by step guide with fully operational links.
- Android USB (ADB) Driver.
- VCOM Driver (depending on your PC OS).
- Smart Phone (SP) Flash Tool.
- Fastboot ROM.
- 7-zip or any other compression software like WinZip, WinRAR etc. (7-zip is preferred).
- Your MediaTek Chipset device.
- Your PC/Laptop.
- Compatible USB Cable.
- Download Android USB (ADB) Driver, VCOM Driver (depending on your PC OS), Smart Phone (SP) Flash Tool, your device Fastboot ROM & 7-zip.
- Install Android USB (ADB) Driver & VCOM Driver (depending on your PC OS).
- Extract your device Fastboot ROM tgz file & extract its content using 7 Zip which will give output as a Fastboot ROM tar file.
- Extract the Fastboot ROM tar file by 7 zip.
- Extract Smart Phone (SP) Flash Tool by 7 zip & by executing the flash_tool application file from within the extracted folder run the tool.
- When you execute the application following pop up appears.
- Click on OK & the following screen will show up. click the Scatter Loading button & locate the required file from the folder where you extracted the Fastboot File.
- Once scatter file is loaded the window will look like as follows :
- Ensure that :
- All files in the list are selected.
- Drop down menu option above file list is Download Only.
- Click the Download icon, file list will be greyed out & Stop button will be activated.
- Now –
- Switch off your device.
- Connect your Device to PC/Laptop via compatible USB Cable.
- Once the device is securely connected, the progress bar at the bottom will show some activity. Wait for the process to end.
- On the successful completion of the task a pop up window with Right sign will appear.
- Disconnect the device & restart. Allow it sometime to boot up & your device will be fixed.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
- I did it successfully on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3G.
- Carry out each instruction very carefully & exactly as directed.
- I’m not at all responsible for any damage whatsoever to your device.
- Debug your device at YOUR OWN RISK.
OTHER REQUIRED POSTS :
File Download : Smart Phone (SP) Flash Tool